"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 4 - Family Time

It was an idyllic weekend spent with family - some I see often, others I know more from social media than from "real" life.  It was time to savor.  Filled with time to play and laugh and nap.  Time to try new things, share passions, and indulge in conversation.  It was a time in which kids could be kids - exploring with few boundaries.  And adults could be kids too (think my dad tubing with my tall son!).  It was a yard gaming, raspberry picking, fish catching, surfing, tubing, wake boarding, jet skiing, paddle boarding, peddle boating, movie watching, hot tubbing, firework shooting, coffee drinking, meal sharing, and relationship building weekend.

It was time wisely and joyfully invested.

I took far too few pictures, which is always a sign that I was instead relaxed and fully present, so enjoy the few I snapped!

Thank you, Bev and Dave, for hosting us all.  I am sincerely thankful for the time I had with our families!

 Beautiful and serene Lake Lida
 The kids and I LOVED paddle boarding.

(Chad did not!)

One of my favorite things about lake time is that kids can be kids.  The kids ages 8 - 14 spent so much time in the water.  They swam, paddle boarded, peddle boated, and fished all by themselves.  They explored joyfully and freely, while we watched from the deck.  Moments like that are what childhood is meant to be.

 All sorts of yard games were played - corn hole, croquet, ladder ball, frisbee golf, koob, etc. . .  Participants were ages 8 - 68!







 My dad in shorts!  The kids had a ball with him!

The weekend ended with breakfast in bed for Daddy and Mataya while they watched Zootopia.  (In other words I was trying everything I could think of to keep the camper quiet for another hour or so.  The big kids were tired after a late night of fireworks!)  She thought she was the queen bee, though!

I'm tired tonight.

My laundry room is heaped with clothing that smells somewhere between lake water and locker room.

My fridge is empty.

My yard needs to be mowed.

My desk at the office is more than likely piled high.

But, my heart is happy.

All those tasks will soon be done and then undone, only to be redone again.  The time spent with family, I can hide in my heart and savor for years to come.  Oh what a precious investment it was!