"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Learning to Fly



Truth - I am missing my tall son a whole lot.

In the past six weeks, I have seen him a total of 5 hours.  I was NOT prepared for that!

I have learned that while having him close by for college is a HUGE advantage in case of an emergency, it is a disadvantage in that he may never come home for a weekend (outside of when they close the dorm for Christmas.)  Jamison is super busy right now.  He is taking 19 credits, practicing with his track and xc team three hours a day, and working 10-16 hours each weekend.  He is also choosing to live the college life, hanging with friends and going to campus activities.  All this does not leave time to stop by momma's house.  While I am so very happy that he is doing well SO VERY HAPPY), there are days, like today, that I could really use a big hug and a long chat with my man-child.

Instead, I spend the day praying for him - thanking God for the man Jamison has become and asking his blessing, guidance, and protection to follow him always.

As I get used to him being gone, I often think of a comment he made years ago.  We were eating dinner and discussing ages of children we most enjoyed.  I claimed to like every age.  Jamison looked at me carefully and said, "Actually mom, the age you will not like is the age when we leave."

Oh, my son.  How correct you were.  And yet, I celebrate with you!  I am so proud of you.  I don't wish you back.  I am proud of your wings.  They are serving you well.