"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, February 12, 2018

Curling Up on Daddy's Lap


I snapped this photo a couple of weeks ago.

And it won't leave me.

In the middle of a noisy restaurant, in the midst of a crazy day, Mataya Hope-y girl climbed up on her daddy's lap for a snuggle.  You can see just how pleased she is, wrapped tightly in his embrace, by the grin sneaking out of her cute little mouth.  Her closed eyes and relaxed position show just how content and safe she was feeling.

That picture is exactly what my soul longs for.

In the midst of a noisy life, smack dab in the middle of a crazy day, my soul longs to curl up on the lap of my Redeemer, my Savior, my Friend, Jesus, and simply rest.

Savor.

Receive.

Enjoy.

Accept His love

and grace

and peace.