"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, March 19, 2018

Perfectly Pinkalicious

I wish words could capture just how much this little girly LOVED her birthday.  She was so happy.  So sweet.  So excited.  So precious.  It was a day I want to hide in my heart always because of the simple joy that oozed from every pore in her body.

Mataya loves "pink! pink! pink!"  which made for a very simple party theme.  Pink clothes, pink balloons, pink cupcakes, pink strawberries, pink punch, pink napkins, pink party hats all made for a very pleased princess.
Mommy and daddy bought her a new pink dress, headband, and sparkly shoes.

 I told Mataya that I wanted to take a picture of her with every person at her party.  She loved it, at first.  However, about 5 pictures in she says, "Mom!  I have to tell you a secret!"  I bent low so she could speak in my ear.  And she stage whispered, "I am sick of pictures!"

So - enjoy the first few minutes of her party!









 Only Mataya (with momma's help) could get this group to pose for a picture in pink party hats.  She is dearly loved, and she loves deep and wide in return.


Baby Soph is so stinkin' sweet right now.  Those pigtails combined with her chubby leg strut melt my heart.  And when she says, "LaLa"  the entire universe stops.  She learns a new word every 30 seconds and loves to sing "clean-up, clean-up."  I am going to have to stop calling her baby Sophie soon, but I am not ready yet.  She is still far too squishable to be labeled anything but baby.

Wyatt is too fast for the camera.  He is nearly potty trained.  And he and Mataya FINALLY play really well together.  Mataya has not always been the greatest auntie. . . however, at long last these two are buds!

Mataya adores Uncle Chad.  "He's a horse expert." which is code for the coolest of cool in Mataya's universe.

Not pictured are Grandma Donna and Grandpa Scott.  Devin, Krissy and Wyatt.  Auntie Emily, Adrianna and Alexa.  Rebekah and Braedon.  As usual, as the house filled, I lost my camera - but there was not a person in our home that Mataya was not THRILLED to see.  She went to bed saying, "MOM!  So many people love me."

There is no greater gift than to be loved.







This girl.

She is the enthusiasm, the energy, the joy, and the sweetness that fills my days.  I call her my littlest best friend, because we have been nearly inseparable since the moment God placed her in my belly.  She causes me to play and laugh and dance.  She is crazy smart.  She is unbelievably imaginative.   She is totally detailed.  She is deliciously silly.  She is also mischievous and sneaky.  She has made more messes, locked more doors, and broken more rules than her older siblings combined.  (Partially because she does not have siblings to tell on her!)  She gives the world's greatest hugs and expresses her love in such sweet, kind, and thoughtful ways.

TayTay Hopie girl, I have enjoyed these last four years more than you may ever realize.  Getting to be with you all the time is such a gift.  I love your office antics, your help around the house, your endless request for one more story.  You are every sixth beat of my heart, dear one.  The sweetest treat in the whole candy store.  I am so, so, so, so VERY thankful that God chose us for you.  So very thankful!