"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Grace not Perfection - By Brenna

Last week we finally unpacked Brenna's backpack.  It had been tucked under the bench in the entry way on the last day of school and forgotten.

For a while, anyway.

When she unpacked it, I found this treasure inside.  I am so thankful I did!

 

Grace not Perfection
By Brenna Joy Dietrich
May 2013


Hold yourself to a standard of grace
Not perfection
Grace is for people who need it most
And those people are you
Being perfect is impossible
Now grace that's easy
It runs from person to person
Never stopping
It flies like a jet plane
Faster than you can see

Perfection is in a deep dark hole
That you can't reach
Perfection is impossible
Grace is easy

(I love this glimpse into Brenna's heart.  I love her incite.  Reading her words makes my heart relax and sigh, as I let myself be filled up once again by the Grace my Brenna so beautifully described.)