"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 2014 as Recorded by My iPhone

I am so thankful that school is out!  Though I continue to work all summer, much pressure is removed once my schedule is the only one my life revolves around!  (As a mom, that is of course never completely true - but our schedule this summer is MUCH more relaxed than during the school year!  I am so, so, so, so thankful!)
 
The note that Chad included with my June flowers said "Congrats!  You survived the school year!"
Yep.  That about sums it up!
 
More relaxed does not mean more organized though!  So far, the only photos I have snapped have been with my iPhone.  So here is a glimpse into our life through the snapshots on my phone!
 
 Jamison became a licensed driver today, which means my schedule became even more simple!
 
While I will truly miss the time and conversations Jamison and I had while driving to and from XC and track practices, I will also enjoy the freedom that his drivers license will give both of us.  AND since Jay is an excellent driver, this transition is fairly stress free.
 
The other BIG change in Jamison's life is that he is working, for his dad.
So far it is working out really well.
 
Jay goes to summer training at 9 and reports to work about noon.
At work he has done a lot of job site clean-up.  He has emptied a lot of trailers and dumped a lot of garbage.  Gaining his drovers license has now promoted him to "errand boy" which he enjoys even more than sweeping.  Ha!
 
It is not glamorous, but the pay is good and so is the experience.
He seems to be liking it, and the guys are wishing he would work more hours - so he is definitely doing a good job.
 
All the added responsibilities have not taken the jokester out of Jay (thank goodness!)
 
One day while we were parked waiting to drop off Brenna at camp, he pulled on the car racing helmet that Joshua had brought for show and share.  We both laughed hysterically at the looks people gave us as they parked nearby.  My tall son really is FUNNY in a quiet and stealthy way.
 Joshua has lost his two front teeth.
 
I love toothless kids.  His grin makes me smile, every time.
 
Joshua is going to summer camp at Montessori every day until 12:30.  This has been a really good thing!  It keeps him involved in activities and friendships for part of the day, and since Krissy picks him up after she is done with summer school, he still has some extra time at home.
 
So far it is working very well. 
I teased Jay that I would call this photo "Defensive Riding!"
 
It really was Joshua being prepared for show and share, but my version is funnier.
 
 He has also been able to ride horse with Grandpa Scott.
 
Since Grandpa retired recently and our house is (kind of) complete, the kids are hoping for many more afternoons in the saddle.
I love this photo.
 
Grandma and Grandpa think of everything.  They have shovels and buckets so that the little kids can play in the sand in the indoor arena while they wait to ride.  Grandpa's riding arena is definitely a multipurpose facility!

Brenna adores all animals.  She is forever begging me for one pet or another.  I am just NOT a pet person, poor girl!  Mom's pet avoidance makes the horses and cats and Grandpa's house that much more fun.  She is a good little rider for sure!
 
Brenna was able to spend last week at a mission camp called Renovate.  She enjoyed the experience very much.  She had fun meeting new kids and doing some projects in the community. 
 
I am shocked to say I have no photos of Sierra on my phone!  She is forever taking "selfies," I guess since I see her taking so many photos of herself, I forget to take them?
 
Sierra has been a super helper this summer.
 
I come home each day to a clean kitchen.  That is about the nicest thing anyone can do for me.  She also watches Joshua from 2:30 when Krissy leaves for work until I get home.  They have not always gotten along well.  In fact one time this spring he snuck out his window and tried to run away when she was babysitting!  (Good mom that I am, I laughed when I received her 911 text.  LOL!  Everyone was fine!)  This summer Sierra has really thought about their relationship and how to improve it.  They are now staying home together without incident.  I am very impressed with my 13 year old!

Krissy keeps busy with summer school in the morning.  She is working a TON at Gloria Jeans.  Five or six days a week, she works there from 3 to 10:30.  We rarely see her.  I have started calling her the celebrity sister.  When she is in the house, we all stop what we are doing just to be near her!
 
Today was the best day of the summer thus far.
 
Teresa and Lincoln were in town.  I had not seen my precious nephew since February.  I was so excited to have some time with him this afternoon.

So were the kids!
 
Lincoln is crawling everywhere and smiling like crazy.  He is easy to take care of and even easier to love.
 
 (photo by Joshua!)
Snuggled up with a baby is absolutely one of my favorite things in the universe.  I am so incredibly thankful for this bundle of love, and every moment I get with him (though they are too few) is precious to me.


You may not hear from me again for a loooong time.  Sierra is pacing the kitchen, anxiously awaiting a run with me.  She wants to go long.  She has been running 2 mornings a week with the high school girl.  She missed practice today because of Jay's driving test.  So now she wants to make up the run.  I am certainly not in good enough shape to go long with her, but I promised to try.

UGH!  (smile)

Wish me luck!  I have long wished for a running partner, but I suspect this one will kick my butt!