"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, January 20, 2014

Such A GOOD Weekend

Chad and Jamison headed to Terry Peak this weekend for the High School Ski Trip our church hosted.  I stayed home with the rest of the gang.

Originally the plan was for Chad to have Joshua's new room ready so that I could spend the weekend painting it.  Thankfully that did not happen!

(Yep!  I did just say that!  I am thrilled that he did not get the taping and texturing done.  While I am anxious to get Joshua moved in upstairs and the baby's room ready - I am TOTALLY thankful that I spent the weekend hanging with the kids rather than painting!)

Instead of painting, I spent the weekend being a mom!  I was able to do all the things I used to do before I started working 2 jobs.  It was magnificent!

 I encouraged Brenna to paint.
Then I stayed in the kitchen and watched her create.

She is a wonderful artist.
 Joshua's favorite "project" is playing in shaving cream.
Moving mountains of shaving cream snow, while mom watched attentively, was something he and I both enjoyed!
 I baked homemade chocolate chip cookies.
(Imagine - I was a cookie baking mom by choice!  Typically, I only bake if required by a school/church assignment.  I used to LOVE baking, but I just do not have time for things like that anymore.)
 I cleaned and scrubbed - which I love - at leisure.
I also found some pretty corners in which to display Brenna's newest creations.

 We made baby Raja girl a soft, cozy, PINK tie blanket.
 Brenna painted several more canvases.
This one is her favorite.
 We squeezed 5 (including baby) in my bed for a movie.
Admittedly, it was a tight squeeze!
But it was also FUN!

In addition - I was able to get up really early and read, pray, and sip coffee in the quiet of the predawn house.  I took a daily nap.  We went to church and out to breakfast.  I caught up with putting photos from the last 12 months in albums.  I caught up the baby's book to date.  I washed all the sheets in the house, cleaned out a couple of closets, and read Joshua about 15 books.  I even had time to have a girlfriend and her kids out to play.

In my corner of the universe, it does not get a lot better.