"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, February 27, 2014

37 Weeks

21 days until baby girl is due.

Crazy.

I know I walk around with undeniable evidence that she will be here soon - but I am still in awe.  We are going to have a baby.  A teeny tiny baby.

People ask me if I am excited?  Am I ready to be done being pregnant?  Uncomfortable?  Anxious?

The truth is yes and no.  I am so very excited, but yet I am also totally content in the moment.  I have LOVED this pregnancy.  I adore her kicks and wiggles and hiccups.  I savor the feeling of her snuggled into my left hip bone.  That is her spot.  Sharing my body with her is a perfect privilege that will soon end - and while there is a time for everything, I am enjoying every last moment of this time.

And no, I am not terribly uncomfortable.  Sure, carrying around 25 extra pounds is a bit hard on the body.  I get tired faster than usual.  I feel like a freight train trying to get out of bed.  But that is just part of the gift.  More than any sort of discomfort, I feel purely and completely blessed.

And is she still breech?

Time will tell.

My doctor will do ANOTHER ultrasound on March 14.  If she is breech, then as soon as it can be scheduled, my doctor will check me in.  She will first try to turn her. . . again.  If she turns, then we will induce labor right away.  If she will not, then I will have a c-section right away.  (March 14 is just over 39 weeks, so she will not be too early.)  If she is heads down, we will wait for labor to start naturally.

At this point I am not predicting ANYTHING!