"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Transitions

Life is filled with transitions.

Always.

And yet sometimes there are more changes than others.

Right now, our home is abounding in transitions.

Krissy is done with high school.  We are all trying to figure out how to navigate this new season with three adults living in our home.

All the kids are home for the summer.  That means all sorts of activity. . . at all hours.

Brenna is headed to middle school next year.

Joshua will begin elementary.

Sierra transitions to high school.

All of the older kids are dating.

We have sold our current shop/office for our company.  We have purchased a new building - which needs a complete remodel.  In the next months that move will begin.  Because it is currently not fit for use, officing will take place at home for a time.

Mataya changes every minute.  As soon as I have one schedule figured out. . . it changes.

And - I quit my job at our church.

Processing all of these changes is exhausting.  Trying to mentally prepare for the changes each family member is going through takes a ton of focus.  Giving each of the kids the "right" combination of freedom and boundaries is challenging to say the least!  Prayerfully considering how to best use my time now that I am "under-employed" (as Chad calls it) has become my focus.

At the moment our life is a whirl-wind.  Almost everything feels unsettled, while at the same time things feel perfectly perfect.  Being home so much and available to listen to our kids is such a blessing.  Slowing down, refusing to rush, thinking more and deciding less, listening more and speaking less is healing a part of my soul that I did not even realize was broken.

There is much on my heart.  As I sift through it and as I discover a new rhythm, I hope to write again.  Writing is a release to me, a long slow sigh of sorts, and I miss it.  At the same time, I am peaceful.  In fact, I am more peaceful than I have been in a long time.  I am learning that God gives me time for everything He wants me to do.  In Him, I am enough.  I am learning to be thankful for the moments, to let go of my agenda and grasp the opportunities that each day gives - whether they were on my to-do list or not.

So far, this summer is NOTHING like I had expected it to be.

I am so thankful to serve a Savior whose plan is always better than anything I could imagine.