"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

LaLa's Day Care

 Yesterday, Wyatt and Krissy and I began a whole new adventure!

Krissy went back to work.
And I went back to the future... so to speak!

You see, many years ago, I operated a day care in my home.  Little did I know that the experience I had then would be used again!  BUT - I was so thankful yesterday for the years of experience I had in child care (from a professional stand point) as I was caring for Wyatt.  You see, even though I am his grandma (gulp), I want his mom to feel totally valued, totally included, totally reassured that she is his number one!  Communicating with my day care moms all those years ago taught me important skills that will (hopefully) benefit this new partnership Krissy and I and Wyatt are embarking upon!  

In all honesty, I am a little nervous.  So often we are cautioned to keep our distance from our adult children, but I don't totally agree with that recent cultural revolution.  I do not think I have the right to try and control how my adult children choose to  live.  They need to find their own way, make their own mistakes, and discover their own priorities.  At the same time, I want to support them in any way I can.  It is definitely a fine line.  And it is HARD.  But, it is also so good.  At the moment one simple way I can walk alongside Krissy is to care for Wyatt while she works.

I am so very thankful for the time I will get to spend with Wyatt.  I have promised Krissy that Wyatt being at my house will be just like any other day care in that I will always treat her with the courtesy and respect I would bestow upon any other day care momma.  I will follow her lead in every way possible.  BUT it will be different than a regular day care in that I will run errands, go to track meets, my office, etc... with Wyatt and Mataya in tow.  It will be a unique balance - but I am hopeful that we can sort it all out!

Another benefit is that, for Krissy, I provide laundry and supper "services" along with child care!  I never offered that service to my other day care moms! (Sorry ladies!)
 One huge benefit for me is the hours and hours I will be able to snuggle and pray over this precious bundle.  At LaLa's day care you are sure to be loved to bits.
Mataya is so thrilled to have Wyatt here.
She pretty much exhausts us with her Wyatt love.  She always wants to be right where he is, constantly.  Since she has all the finesse of a toddler, this is more often than not a bit dangerous for poor Wyatt!  She tires. . . sometimes.  Other times she is deliberately naughty.  But usually, she tries!
(Above she is going in for kiss #1,589,135,798)
 For the record. . . 2 little ones is WAY more than 1 little one!

All of this may sound like complaining, but hear my heart, it is truth.  2 is more than 1 - HOWEVER, I  truly adore my time with them.  I am so blessed to be in a place where I can care for them.  I love (almost) every minute I have with them.  I would NOT change the crazy chaos that is caring for them for anything.  NOT FOR ANYTHING! ( And soon, these two will be fantastic playmates, having Wyatt here will be easy-peasy! Or easier-peasier, anyway!)

I truly feel so very, very lucky. 
And a little tired - Ha! 
Yesterday while Wyatt took his morning nap, I started rushing around, thinking I had better get some "important" tasks done while my arms were only half full.  Mataya asked me to "hold you" and for one quick moment annoyance crept in.  After all, I had laundry to fold. . .

And thankfully just as quickly, I remembered!

There is no more important work than loving my family.
Laundry will always be here, and yesterday's laundry was Krissy's!  Doing her laundry is a very good way to lavish my love upon her.  It made my heart happy to know that I was bearing some of her burden, however, these babies will soon be off to school.
SO!
For this season, they are my top priority.
My very most important work.

What a blessed woman I am.
Snuggles before cleanliness - now that is a GOOD way to live!

(For now, I only have Wyatt a day or two a week. In January, Krissy will start school and then I will have him full time.  I'm so thankful that we are entering into this transition gradually.  I think Krissy is making great choices, and I am so excited to be a part of her team!)