"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, February 8, 2016

2016 Ethiopia Trip Agenda and Prayer Requests


In less than 36 hours, we will breathing Ethiopian air.  My heart is full to overflowing, and my brain is spinning!  I have not decided whether or not I will bring my computer.  The possibility of playing with photos and blogging is tempting - but lugging it through airports is not.  Remember that power and wifi are not guaranteed so do not let silence alarm you!

Here is our travel agenda:

February 9 - leave Bismarck at 9:20 AM
          *Please pray for on-time flights and easy connections with lots of sleep and great conversations in between  (I am so looking forward to tons of time with my dear friend Kristen and our kids!)

February 10 - arrive in Addis at 9:30 PM local time (12:30 pm Bismarck time)
         * Please pray all our bags arrive and for a great night's sleep.  I can hardly wait to wake up to the chanting!

February 11 - a day of exploration!  We will rest, shop, eat, and learn.
         * Please pray for relaxation and fun!  I have never had a day like this in Ethiopia before.  Also pray that Brenna feels safe and loves the country as much as Sierra and I do!

February 12 - Head to Jemo to catalog supplies.  Visit a nearby school.  AND - visit the homes of all 5 of the kids we sponsor at Jemo!
        * Please pray for us to be fully present and soak it all in.  Home visits can be very emotional. My heart's desire is to be relaxed and savor each moment.  Also pray that our visit would be a blessing to the child and his/her family.

February 13 - We will do flouride treatments for up to 250 children.
        *Just pray!  LOL!  I am not passionate about teeth, yet it feels very significant that the Lord would allow me to assist in this way.  You see, if Joshua had been living in Ethiopia when his molar became totally infected several years ago, he would have died.  God is always in the details.

February 14 - We plan to attend church with Bis and Faris' family.  We hope to spend the day with the boys and learn more about their current physical condition.
        *Please pray the Lord would be glorified through our interactions and service.

February 15 - We will travel to Hawassa.  This is another touristy day.  We will enjoy the scenery, explore the lake and town a bit, and take a dip in the hotel pool!
          *Please pray for safe travels, fun, laughter, and relaxation.

February 16 - We will meet Biniam, tour his school, and (hopefully) visit the Soddo Christian Hospital before returning to Addis.
          *Please pray that Biniam would be blessed by our visit.  Also pray that we are able to see and learn all the Lord has for us on this trip.  We have much planned for this day.  I am praying we will do as much as He wills.  Also pray for safe travels.

February 17 - We will head to Connected in Hope to play with the children at the preschool and learn more about the ministry.  We will also pack our bags and head to the airport.  Our flight leaves at 2 am Ethiopian time (5 PM in Bismarck)
         * Please pray that we are a blessing to all we see and meet.  Pray for God to prepare our hearts to return to the work He has for us in the States.

February 18 - Fly, fly, fly!! We arrive home at 11 PM.
         * Please pray for safe, rest-filled travels!

February 19 - Back to the grind!  The girls plan to head to school, and I HAVE to do payroll.
          *Please pray for focus!

In addition to this outline, we have many more details in the works!  I can not wait to see just what the Lord allows.

Other prayer requests:
*Please pray for Chad as he solo parents!
*Please pray for our business.  When you own your work, divided focus can be financially costly.
*Please pray for the village that will care for Mataya while Chad works.
*Please pray for my sweet TayTay.  My mommy heart is sad leaving her and taking her sisters (her other mommas) with me.
*Jamison has been nursing a leg injury for quite some time.  Please pray for complete healing.
*Please pray that Joshua's heart is not troubled by my absence or location.
*Please pray for my grandson.  Krissy has found super caregivers for Wyatt in my absence - but there is no one like LaLa.  (Or so I think!  Ha!)
*Please pray that this trip would be filled with rest, vision, joy, and healing.
* Please pray that we would glorify and honor the Lord in all we do.
*Please pray for health and safety.
*Please pray for special bonding between us all.
*Please pray for clarity of mission both during and after this trip.
*Please pray a blessing over my aunt who will be married while we are away!

Thanks for praying!  What joy I feel in going.  I know my girls agree.  To Him be all honor and glory.