"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, April 4, 2016

Great-Great Grandma Verduin's Peanut Butter Cookies

Sometimes technology is the coolest thing.

Yesterday I was missing my grandma like crazy.  She has been a resident of heaven for almost 12 years, but I will miss her until the day I join her there.  However, yesterday I missed her a bit more than usual.  

So when Brenna wished to bake something the first thing that entered my mind, not to mention my taste buds, was my grandma's peanut butter cookies.  Unfortunately I did not have the recipe.  So I messaged my Auntie Pat. . .

and less than 2 minutes later I had this!
 Seeing my grandma's perfect handwriting always takes my breath away.  Even my handsome husband says he would recognize it anywhere.  

I learned that my grandma's peanut butter cookies were actually her mother's!  Brenna was super excited to make a recipe that came from her Great-Great Grandmother, Ralphine Verduin.



Mataya made sure she got in on the baking action, too.  She loves to stir and taste!
It was so sweet to have a little taste of my grandma yesterday.
Sometimes the simple things are the sweetest gifts.