"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October. . .

Around here lately. . . well, it's been a blur.  Chad has been working out of town quite a bit.  I have worked more than usual, as well.  Combine that with the usual pace of our household AND some extra extended-family obligations, and you get CRAZY.

So here is the condensed version of the last couple of weeks:

 Having been given this precious peanut, and the opportunity to work (mostly) from home, is something I NEVER take for granted. Many of my most cherished moments happen with her snuggled up under my chin.

 The garage at the lake is DONE!

Mataya loves to be surrounded by all her favorites.  Her bed is PILED high with toys, books, blankets, and stuffed animals every night. She rarely leaves the house without her arms full of  treasures.  On the day above, she insisted ALL her dollies come with us to run errands.  AND each one needed to be buckled.  Oh, my heart.  She cracks me up!

 Chad and I, along with these three, went on an impromptu road trip to visit Chad's grandparents.  Both were being hospitalized at the time we visited.  Chad was able to spend some very precious time with them at the hospital, while I kept the kids entertained at the hotel pool and at an amusement park.


 These kids LOVE to swim.  I do not.  I was totally ecstatic when I realized that Mataya is now capable of swimming without me.  She is very happy to swim all by herself, while I watched from a chair nearby.  However, I am certain that I was even more excited about this milestone than she was!

 Likewise, all of the kids had a BLAST on the rides at the amusement park.  The trio was fearless.  They had so much fun. and did such a good job taking turns.  Mataya was not able to go on many of the rides, but the older two joyfully went on all the kiddie rides in between the thrillers. 


Unfortunately, this is the final photo we will have with Chad's grandmother.  She headed to heaven just a few short days after this photo was taken.  For many reasons, I was not able to know her well.  I will tell my kids and grandkids a few things about her.  One, she was TINY.  Tiny!!! She weighed less than 90 lbs in this photo and was inches under five feet tall.  Two, she was mighty.  She was a whirl of energy, always.  Three, though she did not see any of us often, she did try to stay in contact through email.  She often forwarded emails that inspired her.  When she was with my kids, her eyes sparkled with joy.  Her love for her family was deep.  She was an incredibly dedicated wife, caring for her husband was her top priority her entire life.


 And. . . yesterday we celebrated Halloween.
 Mataya was thrilled to be allowed to wear her princess costume all day.  This glimpse of her helping me clean the toilets, in full Cinderella garb, made my entire day.  
 Our grandson, Wyatt, dressed as a puppy.  He hated the hat - but hat or no hat, he was a sweet, snugly puppy!


I can not even explain how much fun Mataya had.  She was such a hoot!  She loved her costume.  She loved her silver sparkly shoes.  She loved that Sierra did her makeup.  She loved ringing doorbells, with Joshua at her side.  She delighted in every treat she was given.  Watching her joy filled me up.
 Joshua loves to dress up.  He plays in costume all the time.  So, an excuse to wear one out of the house, is most welcome.  It is so fun to watch him be confident and bold.
 He was the kindest, sweetest, most considerate big brother last night.  He chose to hold her hand.  He made sure she made it safely up and down stairs with her long dress.  He let her ring the doorbells.  He reminded her to say thank you.  He was meant to be a big brother, I tell you.  I am so thankful he was given the chance!



Krissy even allowed me to snap a picture of her and her babies.  

I know pregnancy goes WAY faster and is WAY cuter when you are not the one pregnant, but I think she is so beautiful. And I am so very proud of her. At 39 weeks pregnant, Krissy is still on her feet 9+ hours a day, working hard at The Hair Academy. Just last week she cut my hair and Mataya's. While she was working one of her instructors came over and said, "I just want you to know that she has been such a trooper during this pregnacy. She has never complained. She is such a hard worker. A real role model. Not many students have her work ethic anymore." As her momma, there are no words that would make me more proud. I love you, Krissy, and your beautiful family. I am praying for you as you anxiously await the arrival of this precious gift.