"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Feeling Your Worth

All throughout Advent, these words captured me. 

I first heard them, like REALLY heard them, at a church service right after Thanksgiving.  I had sung them a thousand times before - but THIS time, they shook my soul.  Tears filled my eyes.  And my heart understood this truth in a way it had never understood it before.

Throughout the month of December, these words chased me.  Wooed me.  Taught me.  Guided me.

It is amazing how profound a few words can become when guided by the Holy One.

Thanks to my husband, they now hang on my wall.  At some point they may become a Christmas decoration - but for now, I need to see them daily.  To soak them in.  To pray them over my children.

I wish so many things for those dearest to me.  Happiness.  Health.  Love.  Peace.  Joy.  Bounty.  Adventure.  Laughter.  Purpose.  Success.  Gratitude.  Softness. . .   I could go on and on and on forever.

BUT more than anything else, my wish for you and me and all those who I hold dear is the feeling of freedom and worthiness and perfection that comes when Jesus enters you.  In Him, all striving can cease.  When He appears, our soul feels its worth.

Content is my "word" for 2018.

I have a lot to learn and unpack about contentment.  There are some changes I am making in my heart and in my schedule to live a more contented life.  (More about that another day.)

HOWEVER, content starts with Jesus.  He appears and my soul feels its worth. 


 Thank you, Jesus.  In You I have worth.  Peace.  Perfection.