"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

39 and Holding!

Over the delightfully long and lazy weekend, we celebrated Chad's 39th Birthday.

Above he is pictured with his birthday gift. . . which he chose for himself.  Since he has taken a vested interest in lawn care, a new faster lawn mower was his birthday list.  He chose a Dixie Chopper - the world's fastest lawn mower.  All I can say is "only Chad."  And it was WAY cheaper when I was a solo gardener, YET I am thrilled that he has chosen to make this yard lovely.

These last couple of years have been full of changes and surprises.  It has been a bumpy road.  I am so thankful that it is a road we have traveled together.  I am so thankful that we have chosen to support each other daily.  Some days it has been easy and joyful, other days it has been a hard-fought choice - that is just the reality of marriage.  The knowledge that you ALWAYS have my back, no matter how prickly it may be, makes ALL the difference in my life, Chad.  Thank you for being an amazing husband, friend, and father.  We often stretch each other like crazy, and I would not have it any other way.  I LOVE this crazy, unexpected life we live.