"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Last Week - A Pictorial Review

 When Chad and I were dating, he brought me a single red rose on the 29th day of every month. I loved it.

That tradition faded after we were married. . . until last winter.  Starting last February, Chad has had a bouquet of flowers delivered to my office every month.  For the most part, I have trimmed all the "frivolous" from our budget - but this is one frivolous expense that I adore.

Last  week, a friend of Chad's asked him how he keeps me so happy. He confessed to telling him, "Well, I send her flowers once a month.  She loves it.  I have to warn you though.  It might be risky.  Pregnancy is a possible side effect."  (If you know Chad and his goofy sense of humor, you will think that is as hilarious as I did!  Oh my, he makes me laugh!)
 Getting Joshua out of the house each morning is not an easy task.  He is POKEY!  

However, last week we discovered a trick.  When invited to ride in Dad's "zuzu" he can get ready in a matter of minutes.  Unlike his slightly snobby momma, our little man LOVES his Daddy's little Isuzu pup.  His favorite feature?  No airbags, so he can ride in the front seat!!

 One of the most fun things I did last week was meet Joshua and his class at the Pumpkin Patch for an hour.

 In keeping my promise, I allowed Brenna to take photos of Baby Dietrich on Sept 20.

Sierra says this baby has her personality.  He/she is "out there" making sure everyone knows he/she is around.  I always call Sierra irrepressible, according to her, the baby is too.

I will confess that I was not expecting to be this big this soon.  However, other than that, I feel awesome!  I can even skip a nap most days and stay awake from 5:30 am to 9:30 pm!  That is still WAY more sleep than I got pre-pregnancy, but I am totally enjoying the extra rest.  

 Friday nights are pasta nights this fall.

For Jay, only spaghetti will do pre-race.

His father is looking forward to a more diverse menu post season.

 Yesterday, we drove to Valley City for a XC meet.

Joshua and Brenna liked running and rolling up and down a hill as much as watching their siblings run.

**The Brenna Dietrich news of the week is that she was elected into student counsel.  She is super excited, and we are super proud!**
 Grandma Donna surprised us at the meet.

I love this photo of her and the little ones.
 I am not sure Sierra will like this photo, but I think it captures the stain of racing well.

It was a stressful day for her.  She HATES to be late.  It is one of the things that causes her anxiety.  Yesterday the bus that was driving her team to the meet left an hour late.  So if you add pre-race anxiety with lateness anxiety, you have a stressed out Sierra!  She took me advice to "let it fuel you rather than defeat you" to heart.  
 She raced brave and blind!  Since they did not get to walk the course with her coach, she had no idea when it ended!  She thought the race may never end!  Ha!  Poor girl!

I love her.  I adore the enthusiastic, brave, and encouraging way she lives her life.  She always has something nice to say to everyone - and that is such a gift.

**In other Berra-girl news, she made Husky Singers, her Middle School Swing Choir last week.  I am a former Husky Singer, so that makes it extra fun!  I am excited to watch them perform!**
 Waiting for the next race. . .
You know you are the momma when you can pick your kid out of this photo at first glance - ha!

Jamison was in the last race of the day, yesterday.
It was a tough one for him.  For the first time this year, he did not run as well as he had hoped.  Though having an off race is not what any of us wish for him, it is a fact of life.  It happens to everyone, it is just a first for him! 

This afternoon, Chad took Sierra hunting for the first time.  The were still hunting, for her first deer.  Still hunting means silence.  Sierra and silence are not friends.  Sierra and competitive are friends though, so when they saw a nice buck out of range, she was inspired to stay.  Unfortunately, he did not come into range - but she is hoping he will later this week when they try again.  I have to confess, the thought of Sierra sitting silently makes me giggle.  I can. not. imagine it!