"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Advent - The Gift of Time

I bought myself a gift this Advent.

It is Ann Voskamp's book The Greatest Gift - Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas.  I adore Ann Voskamp.  Her writing style causes my heart to beat slower, my mind to stop racing, and my soul to open to His graces.

This book is a 25 day devotional. . . one devo for each day from now until Christmas.  It is going to be a good month.

Already this morning, I was wondering how I would truly spend time with this little book each day.  Would I be able to follow through during this busy month?  Could I truly focus on each day in the midst of my Advent to do list?

And then I read these words, "He gives you the gift of time, so you have time to be still and wait."

Sigh.  (Now you know why I adore her work so very much.)

I may have to tattoo these words on my mirror, my hand, the dash of my car, my computer screen, etc. . . but I want them to be my theme this Advent.

He invented time.

He gave it to us as a gift.

Surely there is enough time for all He desires.

These two cuties decorated our tree this evening.

Today was a gift.

I had expected to be driving, but we changed our plans and drove all the way home yesterday.  It was so good to be home.  Starting the week with laundry done, mail sorted, floors vacuumed, and the bills paid is a blessing.  As a total bonus, we finished decorating for Christmas.

I am also thankful today to be OK. 

 Last night I woke up to use the restroom.  Since I was up anyway, I decided to throw a load of clothes into the washer.  I neglected to turn on the lights, and that was a very bad call.  You see - the jug of liquid laundry soap had fallen off the counter and the floor was covered with slippery soap.  When my bare feet hit this soapy pond, I slipped and fell HARD on my tailbone.  It was probably the hardest I have ever fallen. However, although I am incredibly sore, I am OK.  Nothing is broken.  Baby is moving well; there have been no contractions.  Momma is moving slowly, bending carefully, and sitting really uncomfortably - but compared to what could have been, that is nothing I will complain about too much!  Chad and the kids have been really helpful.  I have also been the "butt" of a lot of jokes!  I can honestly say, I am really dreading sitting at my desk tomorrow - yet I am SO thankful that a sore rear is my biggest problem.

Baby "Raja" you are a tough cookie.

I am so, so thankful.

And I am confident that you will fit in around here perfectly.