"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

 Believe it or not, this momma of 6, does not play the bunny game.
I think the idea of a bunny that hops around delivering gifts is just weird, so we have skipped that tradition!  

Joshua Gubs certainly makes a cute Easter Bunny look-a-like though!

 We DO dye Easter eggs.

Every year Grammy comes over to dye eggs with the kids.
This year I only have photos of the eggs.  Mataya was not happy during the egg dying "fun" so I had my hands full.

I used to buy all the kids new Easter clothes. However as they have gotten older, they have lost interest.  Church is so much less formal than it used to be, so between the two factors, Easter dresses have become a thing of the past.  But I since Mataya can not refuse, I did dress her fancy this year.

(In all actuality, it was her sisters that encouraged this!  I thought she might be chilly in a dress, but they insisted.  Funny how life comes full circle sometimes, isn't it?)
 She sure looks pretty in her very first dress.

Her Sharlene bought it for us as soon as we knew "the baby" was a girl.  Her siblings have been anxiously waiting for her to wear it.  (OK momma has been excited too!)

 Mataya is becoming a momma's baby.

She seems to be happiest when she is in my arms.

I feel exactly the same way.
The best part of my Easter was this moment.
My Grandma got to hold Mataya.



I feel so very, very thankful that my grandma has held and loved all of my children.

Miss Mataya can be easily overstimulated, so she does not enjoy a crowd.  I was very worried that she would be a complete crab apple at my mom's house Easter Sunday.  I even prayed about this moment all night, asking God to allow my baby to be peaceful and allow her Great Grandma some snuggle time.  It is a silly request, but I am thankful that God honors silly sometimes.  Seeing this tiny one sleeping on my precious Grandma's lap was such a blessing to me.