"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Week 4

This week is better.

Much better!

Mataya saw her doctor again on Tuesday, and he told me to just relax.  And I quote, "She is fine.  She is tiny - but just enjoy that she is staying little longer than usual."

So - I have officially chilled out.  She continues to put on weight very slowly.  She likes that half an ounce a day rate, but if the doctor is not worried, I am not either.

Daddy holding her shows her tiny-ness quite nicely!

She is up to a whole 7 lbs 2 oz, as of Tuesday.  So at 4 weeks, she is lighter than her oldest three siblings were at birth!  I had debated buying any newborn clothing, thinking it was a waste since she would only wear it for a week or so, in the end I could not resist!  It is a good thing too - she has worn newborn diapers and clothes for a month.



Her cord finally fell off!  And I was correct, she loves, loves, loves the bath.  I think she would fall asleep if I let her soak long enough.  She is not a fan of the lotion that follows.  It is cold, and warm and snuggly is more to her liking.

She is liking a pacifier more every day.  I am thinking a pacifier will make being away from me easier. . . if I ever decide to leave her that is.  I really struggle with leaving my babies.  So far I have no desire for her to be more than a few feet away from me, but I am supposed to go back to work in June. . .

Car trips are getting a bit less noisy.

Naps. . . well, they are longest when I hold her - but she likes the swing a little bit.

She is starting to be just the tiniest bit intrigued with toys.  Joshua is thrilled!



There is no way I can describe Joshua's adoration of this baby.
He loves her sooo much.
He waits and waits to hold her.
He is so proud to introduce her to his teachers and friends.
He loves to talk to her and try to play with her.

It drives me crazy sometimes.  If she is fussy, he wants to try and comfort her.  I know that being held by a six year old, will not help anything - but Chad has wisely encouraged me to just let him give her a quick squeeze.  (My knee-jerk reaction, is NO you can not hold her now!)  Why not foster his relationship with her rather than shooting him down, he asked.  Once again I am thankful for my husband.

Joshua is so proud of his baby skills.  I heard him say, "When Mataya is fussy only me and mom know what to do.  We are the experts!"

She does NOT like a lot of chaos.  Poor peanut - the youngest of 6 hates to be overstimulated - she will just have to adjust.  I am wondering how the weekend will go.  Usually she is CRANKY by Sunday afternoon from all the extra noise and activity.  This weekend we will have four days of it.  It might get a little noisy around here!

In other Dietrich news. . .

 Joshua is not the only one that adores Mataya.
Krissy has been known to say, "Let me have her." as well.
She and Mataya have a nap date almost every Saturday morning.
(Sierra tends to say, "I need some baby therapy!")


Krissy went to her Senior Prom over the weekend.

She colored her hair, added extensions, and styled it herself!
She did not get that from me. . . I can barely brush my hair by myself.
She looked lovely.




It was certainly a memorable night!


And today she (and Jamison) were inducted in the National Honor Society.
She will graduate with a GPA over 3.75 (thus the ropes).
She claims that is no big deal.
I disagree!
She is a smart cookie, that has worked very hard.
I am very proud of her.

And that very briefly sums up the last week.

Phew - I got it down before Mataya woke up!  I am getting better at working fast these days!