"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

All Grown Up?

A momma can't help but be sentimental on a day like today!

(Chad, Krissy, and I on July 9, 1996.)

Today our very first baby is legally an adult!

Krissy is 18.

That is craziness!

 Pure craziness!


I will forever be grateful for Krissy.  She made me a mommy for the very first time.  Being a mommy had always been my deepest desire, and her arrival was absolutely a dream come true.

Mothering - no matter how hard the day - is my deepest joy.

Thank you Krissy, for making me a mommy. You are a treasure. I love you so very much. Always. Forever. No matter what. Your on your own now, and that is a happy-sad fact.  I'm so proud of your bravery, independence, and determination. I love the way you dote on your littlest siblings. I'm so excited for you as you journey through this next year with Basic and AIT! (I'm also going to miss you like crazy!) As your daddy said today, we know God has amazing plans for you. We will always, always be praying for you, always, always be rooting for you. Always. Always.

(Krissy and I on April 20, 2014.)