"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Special Introductions

This weekend Mataya was able to meet several very special people for the first time.
Above she is being snuggled by her Great Grandma!

Chad lovingly calls his Grandma an 85 pound tornado.
She is tiny - but MIGHTY.
I hope I have her energy and enthusiasm when I am a Great Grandma 13 times over!

Witnessing our tiny ones in her arms was a total joy!
 Mataya was also able to meet her Grandpa Lyle.

Lyle and his wife, Mary, moved to the DC area 7 years ago.  This weekend was the first time he has been able to visit us at our home in all those years.  (We have seen him once or twice since the move though - just not here.)

As evidence of just how long it had been, Lyle shook the hand of Jamison to introduce himself.  He did not recognize Jay at all - he assumed he was a friend of Sierra's.  I guess that is evidence of just how much Jamison has changed in the four years since he has last seen his Grandpa!

It was good to see Lyle.  And I sincerely hope that one way or another we will see him more often in the future.  (Mary, too!  We missed you this trip!)
Here Mataya is pictured with both her Great Grandparents.

I am feeling happy-sad tonight.

So very happy to have had some time with Chad's family.
Also a bit sad as I wonder how long it will be before we meet again.

Family is a gift I cherish.