"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I Was A HAPPY Camper!

Last weekend we went camping and something amazing happened, I LOVED it.

I truly wondered if that feeling would ever return, and it did!

 Friday night we just hung out.  It has been a long time since we laid around and did nothing but chat.
 Saturday morning Mataya slept until about 8, which is great for a baby, but not so great for a teenager!  Poor Jamison sleeps in the living area of the camper.  It is a good thing he is so patient.  Multi-generational camping has it's perks - but sleeping late is not one of them!
 About the time we finished breakfast, Mataya was ready for a nap.  The littlest baby whisperer helped her fall asleep.  (Seriously, Joshua could NOT be sweeter with her!)
 Just chillin'
Chad and I decided to go for a run, and Jamison (under the supervision of Sierra) volunteered to babysit.

 As we finished our run, it started to rain.  It was a warm rain with absolutely no thunder or lightening.  One thing lead to another and we ended up going for a swim in the rain.  It was, without a doubt, the craziest and most fun thing I have done in a long time.  (Sierra and Mataya sat this adventure out!)
I had really, really missed being on the water.
Sierra watched Mataya for an hour or two so I could enjoy the boat.  She is so good to me!
 And Jamison is SO good to Joshua.  He had very little desire to tube; he prefers wakeboarding.  However, he tubed for as long as Joshua wished just to make him happy.

As I watched them tube from the bow of the boat I became overwhelmed with emotion.  In two years Jay graduates.  It will come so quickly.  These moments that I once took for granted are becoming more precious by the hour.  I am so thankful for each one.  In a blink, Joshua will be as tall as Jamison and the boys will be playing chicken on the tubes when Jamison comes home for a mid-summer visit.  (Please, oh please Jamison - come home every summer to play with us.)

Like I told me mom, I always knew my kids would grow up.  And at the same time, I did not believe it would really happen.  Some moments are long, but years pass quickly.  A year or two ago Jamison told me the age I would not like is when they leave.  How correct he was.  I am trying to let go gracefully, but it is a bit like ripping off a bandage, no matter how you go about it, it hurts a bit.

You can tell I am processing this theme continually. . .mostly mentally and when I journal and pray. . . I promise it is not the lead topic of conversation in our family!

Saturday ended with a fire for most of the family, and with snuggles and a book for Mataya and I.
It was a precious day.
After breakfast and a long walk we headed home on Sunday - but the beauty of the lake covered in this precious symbol of love and hope has remained close to my heart all week.

I am not sure we get additional opportunities to camp this summer.  Although school does not start for several weeks, cross-country practice for Jamison has resumed.  The first meet is only 16 days away!  Sierra is busy with cheer practice as well.  Her first game is 17 days away.  Fall is closing in on us, I am afraid, but, I am excited for next year.  I am a happy camper once again, and I look forward to the adventures that are yet to come!