"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, September 5, 2014

Garlic Ginger Beef and Fried Rice

I am trying to be a bit more "Suzy Homemaker" now that school has started.  I do not love to cook - but being organized helps.  My plan this school year is to make a menu over the weekend, shop for groceries Monday morning, put together meals for the week Monday afternoon, and enjoy the rest of the week.

This week my cooking success was garlic ginger beef made with fried rice.

Garlic Ginger Beef 
4 pounds beef--tough cuts work great  (I used rib steaks)
1  cup soy sauce
3/4 cup honey or maple syrup-- (I used maple syrup)
12 cloves of garlic-minced
1 1/2 inch chunk of ginger peeled and chopped or grated (I chopped.)
A couple pinches of red pepper flakes--optional (yum!)

To Cook:
Place the contents of the bag in a crock pot - frozen (my meat was frozen, but the marinate was not)
Cover and cook on high 6 hours

Fried Rice
4 cups cooked rice
6T butter
4T soy sauce
4t worcestershire sauce
1t pepper
1/2 t salt
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
2 eggs scrambled

Dump it all together and cook until it's hot.

My family loved this meal.  That does not happen often, people.  

For a more regular size family I would make half these recipes.  I actually tripled the meat from the original recipe and doubled the rice.  And we ate it all - but we did have enough leftovers for lunch the following day.

Sorry about the weird formatting. . . no clue. . . sigh.