"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, December 1, 2014

The Wonder of Christmas





I adore decorating for Christmas - but truth be told, I do not adore setting up the tree.  

But to my kids, the tree defines Christmas.  Our home does not look or feel like Christmas until the tree is lit, thankfully, Brenna enjoys decorating it!  She hung all of the ornaments, and did a wonderful job, too!

Though it is not typically my favorite, the scene this afternoon will forever reside in my heart.

Sweet baby Mataya looking up at the tree with awe and glee.

Joshua proudly handing me my Grandma's angle tree topper.

Brenna carefully placing the ornaments of her choice just so while Christmas music played and I cooked dinner.

And at last turning off all the lights and admiring the beauty of the season with my baby girl held close.

Sigh.

The wonder of Christmas never gets old.