"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

Because I spent basically all of December and half of November feeling crummy, not much blogging took place.  It took all of my energy to do the basics, and I even skipped several of them.  Bedtime came the moment I got Joshua and Mataya tucked in, and I napped as often as possible.

Despite the lack of photos, and in spite of feeling crummy, it was a very special Christmas.

Peace and love prevailed in ways I prayed for, but I did not expect to see occur.

Much time was spent together, simply and quietly.

I am so incredibly thankful.

We had Christmas with our kids on the evening of December 23.  Sierra was feeling crummy, and I was only about 70% - but the evening was sweet non the less.

 Mataya LOVED our family gift opening.  She was surrounded by PAPER and ALL of her favorite people, what was not to love?
 One tradition we have is of exchanging names.  We give each of the kids $20, and they buy a gift for the person whose name they draw.  I was SO proud of Joshua this year.  Where last year he struggled to buy a gift that was for anyone BUT himself.  (In the end he bought his dad a nerf gun because he just knew his dad would love playing with it with him.)  This year he shopped diligently for Sierra wishing to buy everything on her wish list and NEVER asking for anything for himself.  He wrapped the gift all by himself and carefully wrote Sierra's name on the tag.  (This is huge.  Joshua hates writing!)  He was so excited to deliver the gift with a hug.

I am so proud of how he has grown!
 OK, so not the best photo, but the only one I have of these two!

We had a "significant other" join our family for the first time for Christmas this year.  Times are a changing!  It was fun to have Krissy and Devin home for Christmas!
 This is BY FAR, Mataya's favorite new toy.  Krissy and Devin bought it for her.  When she saw it, she yelled "WOW!"  (Not even joking) and clapped with glee.

We spent a very quiet Christmas Eve at home as a family.  Krissy surprised us and hung out at our home until Devin got done working!  We relaxed and played with the little kids until we went to church at 3:00.  Mataya clapped and "sang" sweetly all through church.  (She is hurt-my-heart precious.)  We had supper at Chad's Uncle Jim's house and enjoyed time with many of his cousins, all of his aunts and uncles, and his grandparents.  We had our annual belly laughs during our white elephant gift exchange.  And we went home full, happy, and exhausted. It was fun - and I forgot my camera.

Also on Christmas Eve. . . Miss Mataya Hope learned to crawl at last!

Christmas morning began with opening our stockings.
 Joshua actually allowed a photo!

 These will have to serve as her 9 month photos.  I did not take our regular photo shoot this month.

BOO!

 Don't let the straight face fool you, this girl ADORES her daddy!
 I asked for a photo with Sierra because she bought my scarf.

And because I adore her.
 Christmas morning snuggles with the love of my life.

I am so blessed by this guy.
 And mommy and Mataya on her first Christmas.

Such a precious morning!

As soon as we got everyone up and dressed we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Flach's house!
 I LOVE this shot of my dad and Mataya.
 Twinning!

These two have gotten so close this last year.
I am so thankful!
 Sissy-kissies.
 I joke that Mataya will be a dentist or an orthodontist.  She is forever examining people's teeth!
 Krissy is so sweet and attentive with Mataya.

I love to watch them together these past weeks.  Krissy's beauty when holding her sister takes my breath away.
This might be my favorite picture of the year.
Krissy rarely allows photos, so this is a treasure for sure.

The rest of the day passed in a blur of food, laughter, conversation, gifts, food, games, teasing, and naps!  Once again I failed on the photos - but I guess that means I was fully present in the moment.  

I am so thankful for those moments.