"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, February 2, 2015

A Grandson

Our beautiful, precious daughter, Krissy, is expecting her firstborn, a son.

A son!

He is due to arrive June 19.

My baby is having a baby.  There are times when joy and mourning kiss.  This is one of them.

Though none of us expected to have this next generation begin quite so soon, I am so very proud of my daughter for choosing life for her baby - my grandson.

My grandson!

My precious, tiny, fully-loved grandson.

While he may have been a bit of a surprise to us, we know that God never, ever, ever creates a baby by mistake.  He has been planned since the beginning.  He is a gift, a treasure, a blessing.

I thought much before blogging about this tiny one.  His story is not mine to share, and yet it is.  Though there will be much that I process in more private journals, I have decided that he must be included in this blog.  I never want him to wonder why he was excluded.  I want him to know he has been adored by his family. . . all of his family. . . from the moment we knew of his existence.

My precious grandson,

You are dearly loved.  Your mom and dad have given me the honor of being at several prenatal appointments.  Hearing your tiny heartbeat and seeing your tiny self on the ultrasound screen has been a precious gift.  You are beautiful.  Perfectly formed.  Wonderfully made.  I am so very thankful.

I have thought long and hard about what you will call me, little man.  You see Grandma Donna is Grandma.  Grammy is Grammy.  As you and your Auntie (!!!) Mataya will grow up so close in age, I think I need my own "Grandma name."  At the moment, I think you shall call me LaLa.  Your mommy loves Spanish.  Abuela is Spanish for Grandma.  And I love music.  When my heart is happy, I am always singing a silly tune.  So, I think I will be your LaLa.

No matter what you call me, precious baby, know that I was praying for you long before you were conceived.  God has a beautiful plan for your life, little one.  A beautiful plan.

Love,
Your LaLa