"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Promposal 2015

One local teen tradition is the "Promposal."

In all honesty, I was not a fan of this tradition.  To this momma, it seemed like a bit too much.  

A "Promposal" is a creative way of asking a girl to Prom. Many promposals are better planned than the average marriage proposal. . . at least in my day!

When Jamison started thinking about Prom, he knew he needed not only a date but the perfect way to ask that date.  I kept thinking, if you are going as friends, can't you just ask her? Is this promposal really necessary?  

Sierra was quick to put me in line!  She informed me it was absolutely necessary in no uncertain terms!  (Ha!)

So.... after many lunchtime conversations, Jamison and some of his friends came up with a plan.  They decided to create a life size jack-in-the-box.  They would put this box in front of her front door with Jamison inside.  When she answered the door, and turned the crank on the box, he would play the song on his phone, and then pop out of the box with a sign that said "I'd be 'jacked' if you would go to prom with me."

Once the proposal was planned, I admit it was fun.

Watching Jay and his good friend, Jackie, create a huge box from scraps of cardboard, search out the perfect way to make the crank, etc... was fun.  Brenna helped make the sign.  He borrowed my vehicle to transport the props.  One friend made sure his future date would be home and answer the door, another friend rode along, rang the doorbell, and took video.

His once grumpy momma took a screen shot of their picture on instagram.

I have been reformed.  Though not necessary, a promposal can be good clean fun.  Jamison enjoyed the process, and I think Emily, his future prom date, did, too.