"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Track is Back!

Today was Jamison's 4th track meet of the season.  He has had 2 indoor meets and 2 outdoor meets. Although his dad and grandpa have been to every meet, I have only been to two.  I LOVE to watch Jamison run. so missing a meet is a major bummer; but I am so thankful his dad vidoes the races I miss!  Today was the first outdoor meet I have been to.  The weather was incredible,  and ALL of his siblings were able to attend the meet - which made the day totally perfect!
Jamison has worked hard in the off season.  He ran at least 5 days a week, and he lifted as much as he ran.  He continues to grow both taller and stronger.  I think he may have his dad beat in height, and I KNOW he has us all beat in speed, strength, and endurance!

In track, Jamison runs the mile, the 2 mile, the 800, and the 4 X 800 relay.  He never runs more than 2 events at a meet die to the length of his races.  Today he ran the mile and the 800.



 He finished the mile in 4 minutes 44 seconds.  That is his best time this season!

His goal is to run a 4:35 by the end of the season, which will qualify him for the state meet.  Every time I think about the fact that he considers a five minute mile SLOW, I go into shock.  Racers run a mile faster than I can even fathom!



Jamison also ran a very pretty 800 today.  He may hate that wording, but I love to watch him run a shorter race once in a while.  I love how his stride changes and his muscles bulge during a long-distance sprint.  He and I both adore long runs - but the 800 is an awesome change of pace.  He runs a mean 800 for a 2 miler!  I am totally curious as to what events he will run in college.  His current team has many 400 and 800 runners, so his focus will continue to be the mile and 2 mile since that is where his team needs points most.  But, his momma thinks his college coach may decide his strong thighs and gluts should be trained for the 8.

Thankfully, his momma is NOT his coach!  And college is still a year away!!! I am NOOOOOOOTTTTTT ready for him to leave quite yet!

Jamison, JD, Jay, or JAM (all of which he is called these days) - I LOVE to watch you run!  I am so excited that track is back!  It is going to be an incredible spring.  I am so very proud of the runner you are.  I am even more proud of the man that you are; kind, thoughtful, funny, hard-working, honest, steady, honorable.  Your ability to run will take you places - but your character will make you a man of true greatness.