"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Doggie Day Care

Mataya is absolutely, positively, and very completely smitten with our dog, Riley.  

And that is a total understatement.

She begs to go see Riley, who lives in the garage, ALL day long.

"Riree!  Riree!  Peese, peese Riree!

"Hi Riree?  Peese, peese?"

"Rireeeeeee, insert tears, Rireeeeeee, insert pointing to garage doors and more and louder tears."

Honestly, it drives me a bit bonkers!  Riley is stinky and in need of a serious grooming.  The garage is a garage, thus dirty and dusty.  Mataya prefers to crawl, so you can only imagine how dirty and dusty she and her clothes become in just minutes.

BUT. . . what makes baby happy makes mommy happy, right?!?

So, many times a day, I prop open the garage door and allow Riley to watch the baby for a few minutes. (OK, so he doesn't really watch her,  I do!  But, I can get a load of laundry folded since the laundry room has a perfect view of the garage while he keeps her entertained!)

Here are just a few pictures of my doggie day care in action!
 Riley only tolerates Mataya so well because she knows how to open his food bin.  She grabs him pieces of food, and he carefully licks them from her tiny fist.
 She could not understand why he wasn't as excited about the rock she tried to feed him.

 Can you say tolerant?
 I'm not sure he always enjoys his duty as a day care provider!
Riley did not want to chew on his toy so Mataya gave it a try.

I know, gross!!!!  Sierra will be horrified that I posted that picture.  She can not stand all the stuff Mataya puts into her mouth, but after 6 littles, I just laugh, most of the time.  (For the record, I did take away the dog toy right after I took the photo!)