"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, September 28, 2015

Divine Crazy Glue

 It was a precious, precious weekend for this momma turned LaLa.  Krissy and Wyatt came home!  They stayed with us from Friday through Sunday while Devin enjoyed a weekend of car races.  To have Krissy here was such a gift.  It was the first time, since she moved out in April of her Senior year of high school that she was home by choice.  It felt absolutely, totally, and very completely miraculous while at the same time totally natural.

So much growth and healing has occurred in all of us that it brings tears to my eyes often.  I will never, ever, ever be able to express my gratitude.

SO. . . when you stay with Lala - many photos are in order!
 Wyatt is a very content baby.
He is full of smiles and now giggles -  MELT MY HEART INTO A PUDDLE!! Baby giggles are one of the most magical sounds ever.  When he laughs my soul rejoices.

 He is just over 3 months old and around 15 pounds.
He rolls from his tummy to his back, sometimes, and he plays nicely on his tummy always.
 (That is the "really, LaLa?!?" look!)


 His first tooth poked through last week, and we think the second is on the move as well.
 He eats like a champ, has taken cuddling to the next level, and sleeps all night.
He loves his LaLa, his grandpa, and his aunties and uncles - but who he really, really loves is his momma.  And he should.  She is doing a great job.

Yep.  My grandson is perfect.
(LOL!)

While we all know he is not perfect, since none of us are, I do know that he was perfectly placed into our family.  God has taught me much through his arrival.  

While I have loved Waytt always, I worried about his arrival more than any other tiny one in my life.  I questioned God in so many ways as we waited for Wyatt to be born.  While I knew in my head that God never creates a baby by mistake, my heart surely questioned his timing on this one.  I worried about so many things - but my BIGGEST worry was that I felt like from the time he was born Wyatt had a "job" to do.

You see people would tell me, "Don't worry!  Once that baby arrives everything will change. You will see."  No matter my concern, that was the most common response.

I did not like that response.  I did not want my teeny tiny grandson to have the "job" of fixing things.  He was just supposed to be a baby, not some sort of divine crazy glue.

However he has most certainly been "divine crazy glue" in many, many ways.

Being moms together has given Krissy and I common ground.  It has bonded us in a very special way.

Watching us love and cherish Wyatt has caused Krissy to feel loved and cherished.  (Really, is there anything more powerful than seeing your children receive love and acceptance?)

Caring for Wyatt has softened Krissy in so many ways.  She just radiates love.  She is so in love with this precious one and it spills into everything she does.  She is a better person because of the love she has for him.  
But perhaps the most miraculous healing has come between Krissy and Sierra.  Before Wyatt was born things were very, very difficult between my two oldest girls.   Many hurtful words were exchanged.  Both were guilty.  It broke my heart and caused much tension in our home anytime they were in it together.  Thoughts of these sisters hating each other filled me with dread and drove me to prayer more often than I can explain.

BUT, when Krissy invited her siblings to the hospital to meet Wyatt and Sierra was allowed to hold him for the very first time. . . everything changed.

  

Everything.

When we left the hospital, Sierra told me, "Mom!  I love Krissy so much for having him.  So much.  That was very brave.  I love him so much, mom.  I didn't know it would be like this.  I didn't know how it would feel to be an auntie."

And from that moment on he has been the crazy glue that has bonded these once feuding sisters. 

Sierra has Krissy's back as only a sister can.  When Krissy and Wyatt are near, she is watching for ways to help.  She offers to hold the baby when Krissy eats.  She looks forward to each moment she has with him AND with her sister!

My girls are friends again.  (Yep.  I'm crying at this point.)

Krissy is helping with make-up, listening to and sympathizing to Sierra's high school drama, texting advice and encouragement.  Sierra giggles about nursing problems and notices just how beautiful Krissy looks with her short sassy hair and perfectly applied eye shadow.

They still disagree sometimes - but those arguments are momentary, they do not ruin evenings, weekends, weeks.  They are just normal sister stuff - and it is beautiful. 

It occurred to me recently that Wyatt is blessed, not cursed.  We are all born with a "job to do."  Each of us has a calling on our lives.  God has a plan for us even before we are born.  How blessed is my grandson to be actively involved in that divine plan even as one so tiny?

He is a gift.
A tiny treasure that none of us expected or planned.
A surprise blessing like no other.

Thank you God for having such a perfect plan.  I am sorry I questioned it; I'm sorry I questioned you.  You are holy and perfect and able.  You make all things beautiful.  I am so very grateful.  So in awe.  So humbled.