"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Around Here Lately. . .

Since returning from Ethiopia, the littlest people in my life and I have taken turns being sick.  Mataya does not do sick gracefully.  When she does not feel well she insists that we "Hold you!  Rock you! Wrap you! Blankey!"  constantly.  (Hold her in the rocking chair wrapped in her blankey.)  We spent about four days straight in the rocking chair together.

 Thankfully as this week comes to a close, we are all feeling well once again.
 Sometimes love is a box of chocolates.  For real.  
It has been the longest month. So, when Sierra came home with a mega-size box of my favorite candy, it truly made my week.  I sometimes feel unappreciated and forgotten, it meant a lot that she noticed and chose to buy me a treat just to show her love and support.  A daughter who truly understands my heart is an unbelievable blessing.
These two precious ones have totally stretched me.

I have been really struggling to find a rhythm as I care for both Wyatt and Mataya, while also attempting to keep up with my job and household tasks.  Mataya has not adapted well to having Wyatt here so often.  She loves him.  But she loves her momma time more.  There has been a constant feeling of rivalry between the two of them.  It has been exhausting.

I think that maybe, just maybe, we made some progress this week.

I am certain we will all adjust, but it has been harder than I anticipated.

Krissy is doing great in school, though!  She currently has the highest GPA in her entire school.

Additionally she and Devin (Wyatt's dad) got engaged last weekend.  She was surprised and thrilled.  (No wedding date as of yet.)

 Wyatt is utterly precious.

He has the sweetest, happiest personality.

He loves food!  Any and all food!

And he has begun to get from place to place by what I have deemed a "boot scoot."  He uses his butt, hips, and legs to inch across the floor sitting up.  It is seriously the cutest "crawl" I have ever seen.  It suits his needs perfectly because he can move around and also hold onto a toy at all times.  He is so proud.  

Mataya is not quite as thrilled.
After days and days of being homebound with sick littles, we ventured to an indoor play place late this week.  Mataya and Wyatt were both thrilled to play in a new location.  Mataya loves kids her age.  She asks me all the time, "TayTay play friends?"  She gets sooo excited when we go to church because then she gets to play with her friends in the nursery.  She literally giggles with glee as we approach the church.  She says, "Happy!!!"  "TayTay play!"
The weather has been warm and sunny.  Wyatt is a hard age to have outside because there is just not much he can do - but I have been craving both fresh air and exercise.  Several afternoons I have strapped on one baby and pushed the other in a desperate attempt to enjoy some sun.

While that set up worked, it was far from ideal.

So I did one thing I hoped to never do again. . .
I bought a double stroller!

Eighteen years ago I bought my first double stroller.  I had a love/hate relationship with that thing.  I loved that I could head to the park with my little ones, but pushing and storing it was less than ideal.  It is the one piece of baby equipment that I was happy to dispose of.  I never, ever would have guessed I would be buying one for my daughter and grandson to share!  But - it was cheaper than therapy!  My mind and body need exercise!  Thankfully this one pushes more smoothly than the one I had 18 years ago.  It does not, however, take up less space in the garage.

The good news?  Mataya and Wyatt loved it!

One final detail, and it comes with a prayer request.

I mentioned that Jamison was struggling with a leg injury.  An MRI showed stress reactions (which is an injury a step below a stress fracture in severity) in both of his shins.  He was put on complete rest for three weeks.  (He can walk but not exercise in any way.)  Next week he should be able to swim and bike - but he will not be able to run for about six weeks.  This timeline would make it possible for him to race a few times this track season.  Jamison really, really wants to race and race well.  His coaching staff is researching and preparing to have him as ready as possible.  (I can not even explain how awesome his coaching staff is.  They have developed a specific plan for him and him alone.)  He will have to train alone in the pool for the most part.  It will be very different and challenging in so many ways.  But, I can not even explain how well he has handled all of this.  He has been at every single practice this season, though he can not run a step.  He even went to a 5:30 am practice.  Even his coaches were surprised to see him there.  He feels like he is a senior and wants to be a good leader and teammate, whether he can run or not.  He has been having some fun coaching.  Though he is very disappointed, he has kept his chin up and his attitude beautiful.  He says he knows he can not push his body.  He has been pushing through this injury since December and he recognizes that he has to let his body heal.  Even if that means he does not compete this season.  He knows this is not his final racing season.  We are so thankful he has already chosen a college, there is no pressure there.  Additionally his choice was and is perfect, in my opinion anyway!

Alrighty - all that rambling translates to - please pray for my boy.  My prayer is that he will see God in all of this.  His ability to run is not his own.  I am praying that he will allow God to work in and through him during this time of injury.  I am also praying that healing will happen, and the Lord will allow him to race well the end of this season.  He has a few goals left on his high school bucket list, and I would love to see him have a legitimate shot at attaining them.

Greater things are yet to come!
To God be the glory!