"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Girls Getaway 2016

I believe that sometimes we need to be intentional about bonding. So, last year I decided to take my girls on a little getaway once each summer.  These getaways are not fancy or extravagant.  Just me and the girls, alone in the camper doing girl stuff.

We sleep late.  Eat specially planned meals - everyone gets a pick.  Give each other pedicures.  Watch chick flicks.  Nap in the sun.  Spend time together reading scripture.  Take walks.  Skip stones.  Kayak.  Swim.  Play cards.  In all reality, what we do is not as important as the fact that we choose to carve out a few days to just BE together.

I don't have a sister, and one of my heart's desires is that my daughters treasure each other.  That they love deep and stick together through thick and thin.  My girls are all very much their own people.  They each have different strengths and weaknesses.  If they choose to, they balance each other well.

It makes my heart happy to see my girls together.  When they laugh together I feel as if I may burst.  When I see them listening to each other and sharing advice, my heart sighs.  And when we all snuggled up together on the couch to watch "Little Mermaid" I wished that time could stand still.  There is no greater gift than time.  I pray that these girls will always choose each other as friends, confidants, mentors, and co-conspirators!

My girlios indulged me in a "sister-shoot."  And I am sharing all my favorites.  (Yep!  I have a lot of favorites!!)














































I also took a few candid shots throughout the week.


 Little Mermaid snuggles

 Mataya's first pedicure.  She said, "That tickles!"





I soooo appreciate the way the older girls include Mataya.  They never complain when we need to spend some time doing "little" things.  They are the sweetest of mentors, and I am so very thankful!


(Krissy was not able to be with us much because of her school schedule, but we did drive to her small town for ice cream.  Hopefully next year, she and her baby girl, can spend more time with us!)