"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, July 17, 2017

Simply Playing

The tension was real this week.  I knew with every fiber of my being that the Lord was calling me to rest.  And I did, or at least I tried.  BUT the truth is that I started the week over-committed.  I had WAY too much to do.  It was unavoidable.  So while I did my best to cut out what I could and to approach the rest with a calm and peaceful spirit, the week remained off balance, exhausting and, well, tense.

Thankfully, the weekend was not.

This weekend, we rested.

And played.

And that is IT.

Here is proof!










We had nearly forgotten what #lakelife is all about!

It was good to remember.  To breathe deep.  To laugh long.  To nap.  To long run on fresh legs.  To feel the hot sun soaking deep into my bones. To anticipate and appreciate this get-away God has allow us to create.

Next weekend, the work continues.  As it should.  And I am thankful for the chance we have to build our dream, one weekend at a time.