"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Sunset Dreams

I love to watch the sunset.

We do not have a good sunset view at our home, but is my VERY FAVORITE thing about the lake.  Every evening, I wait for it.  I plan for it.  I celebrate it.  I savor it.  I seriously stop what I am doing and just breathe in the last colors of the day.  Every day.

Today I read this quote, "It is almost impossible to watch the sunset and not dream."

Oh, that is so true for me.

As I watch the sunset, I do not plan or scheme or think things through - but I do dream.  I allow my brain and body to fully rest and simply soak in the beauty that is all around me.  And in those pure moments, I am free.  Free of worry.  Free of responsibilities.  Free of duty.  Free.

I don't know what your "sunset" - that sweet spot where you feel perfectly surrounded by peace and beauty is.  BUT, I urge you to chase after it until you find it.  Plan for it.  Savor it.  Celebrate it.

Days are long.

Life, however, is short.

Take time to dream.





PS - We finished the siding!