"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, October 16, 2017

A Great Day in LaLa Land.

I often tell my girlfriends that I am a guilty grandma.  The grandmother that I had always pictured myself being is just possible yet. This summer we spent four days a week at the lake.  Building.  It was not an environment that was suitable for my grandbabies.  When we were home, I was frantically getting things done in preparation to go back to the lake.   I spent very, very little time with Krissy, Devin, and our grandkids.

This is NOT how I want to live.

While it is true that Wyatt and Sophia will grow up hanging out with Auntie Mataya and tagging along with Uncle Joshua, less spoiled by me than I had once pictured my first grandkids being - I DO want them to grow up feeling like an very special and dearly loved part of our family.  So, one of my goals for this fall and winter (and the rest of my life) is to clear  space and time for playing and exploring and creating with them.

About a week ago, I was finally able to have a super fun day with my most precious little ones.  We gathered leaves, painted pictures, made hotdog mummies for lunch, and headed to the Pumpkin Patch.  I know the Pumpkin Patch with all its hay and allergens would not be Krissy's idea of a fun afternoon, but she was such a trooper.  And Wyatt and Mataya had such a great time climbing, running, jumping, sliding, and exploring.  It was the best LaLa day I have had in a very long time.


 Mataya loved the corn pit.  She would have stayed there all day.


 Sweet, sweet Sophia Jean spent the entire time there snuggled up with her momma.


 Tractors were Wyatt's favorite.  He spends most of his time making one car noise or another.  You can almost see his lips buzzing in this picture.  I love it!

 Mataya loves to run and gallop.  Everywhere we go, she is running.  I tell Jamison often that he can move away - but there will come a time he will need to move back home so he can coach his littlest sister.  She certainly appears to share his passion.
And she oozes the charm, enthusiasm, and friendliness of Sierra.  She is always smiling and greeting people.



Wyatt follows her everywhere.  He is smart, so smart.  He is talking so much these days.  When he would get stuck in the bale maze, not sure how to get to the next section and too small to leap, he would say, "LaLa I need a ladder!"


Isn't he just the cutest?!?

 She is a brave one.  She figured out how to LEAP across the bales like the older kids she saw there.
 It is an amazing thing to watch my daughter parent.






His momma was always close by, making sure he was safe.



These two playing on the log was a hoot.  To Wyatt, it was a motorcycle.  He was pretending to drive and making motorcycle noises.  To Mataya, it was a horse.  She was clicking and neighing and pulling on the reins.  I adore preschool imaginations.

I adore these tiny ones.
I adore time with them, on their level, dedicated to them.

It was a GREAT day in LaLa Land.