"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, March 16, 2013

It Was A Goooooood Day!

I am thankful tonight for simple pleasures.
 
Today has been a good, good day.
 
I woke up early, had a strong cup of Ethiopian coffee, read my Bible, and watched the sun rise while my family slept.
 
Chad woke up before all the kids, and we whispered and plotted about Spring projects in the early morning silence.  We finished one pot of coffee and started another one.
 
The kids slowly began to wake up.
 
They were all peaceful - mellow, happy to be home.
There was NO rushing.
 

Krissy has been working TONS.
(like 35 hours a week, plus school)
 
I MISS HER!
 
The rest of the week we have had to stop and see her at work when we were lonesome.  Joshua loves that!  She spoils him with (decaf) coffee treats! But today she was HOME!
 
I love it when my kids are ALL home.
 
Chad made breakfast.
 
I did laundry.
 
I gave Joshua a much needed haircut.
 
We measured windows and ordered blinds.
 
We took a nap.
 
We sold one of our campers!
 
I ran on the treadmill - and it felt good.
I am starting to feel(sort of)  fit again.
 
I did not get dressed until 3:00!
 
We snacked on fresh pumpkin bread made by a friend.
It was delish!
 
Chad made THIS for supper.
YUMMY!
 
He is a pizza chef extraordinaire!
 
I finished a book.
 
We watched a basketball game on TV snuggled up on the couch.
 
THAT'S IT!!!
 
It was the most relaxing, lazy, cozy day I have had in months.
 
HOME is my favorite place to be.
 
Days like today fill me up.
 
(Long, relaxed, very contented sigh.)