"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend 2013

 This morning my mother in law posted a photo of Jamison and Sierra last Easter.  I was shocked at how much they had changed!  It makes my heart hurt a bit.  It also makes photos all the more precious!
 
Easter 2012
 
Can you even believe how much they have changed in 12 months!  I thought only infants changed so much in a year!  I was wrong!
 
 One tradition I have created for Easter weekend is to have some of our very dearest friends join us on Good Friday for a glass of wine.  It is the only time I ask people to leave their kids at home.  Which makes it one of the only times of the year we have meaningful, quiet, relaxed conversations with adults in our home! 
 
Now, as I have confessed before, I have terrible taste in wine.  (Great taste in friends though!)  So when I buy wine, it is because the label seems somehow significant to me.  I had so much fun wine shopping this year.  I found these four bottles, which to me explained our life over the past year.
 
One friend was able to tell half of the story.
 
Can you?
 
I will help.
 Bogle - The events of the last year still "boggle" my mind!

 
 Unchained - I am beginning to feel "unchained" from the stresses of the last year.  And I am certainly unchained by Christ.


 Forefront - I believe we are at the "forefront" of some amazing things, in our family, in our business, and in our church.
 
Number 8 - One of the changes in the forefront may just be an 8th member of the Dietrich family.  (No! I am not pregnant.  We are also not in the middle of an adoption.  Just totally open to whatever God may have in store for our family.)
 
 
I know it is a super silly tradition, but that is what makes it fun!
 
We do have some normal traditions as well - like dying Easter eggs!
 Love to see these two working together.
 Brenna is our artist.  She has a way with color, line, and presentation.
 Joshua is growing in his desire to paint, color, and write.
I am proud of him as he would much rather play!
 
This Easter morning we went to church.
Then we had lunch at my mom and dad's house.
 Joshua took this photo of my dad and I.
I can't remember the last time I had a photo with him.
JG did  a pretty good job, too!
 Grandpa and Sierra
 Jay arm wrestling with Sierra.  He refused a contest with his dad or grandpa though.
Chicken?
Maybe. 
 Handsome?
Certainly.
 Sierra and Joshua twinning!
 SO! Stinkin'! Cute!
 Gotta love moments when these two get along.
They tend to fight.
For real.
Joshua can be quite the turkey in regards to Sierra.
It is mostly funny - but sometimes annoying!
 
Today they were just cute together!
  Brotherly love.
 I wanted my mom to take a photo of our whole family today.  I will need one to send to Ethiopia for Joshua's 3 year adoption report in the near future.  Joshua was not a fan of the idea.
At all!
 
(All kinds of feeling come up when we talk about sending things to Ethiopia.)
 
 We took a break and snapped a picture of Grandma and Grandpa.
 
Then Krissy bribed him.
If he would do a good job with a picture, she would agree to stay long enough for him to ride horse. (Krissy was not feeling well so we had decided to make it a short day.)
 Riding horse makes EVERYTHING better!
 
Look at that grin.
Stinker!
He loves, loves, loves riding horse.
 
 He was quite proud to show me how he can dismount by himself!
 Brenna is an excellent rider.
She wishes she lived with Grandpa all the time.
Her mom does not always share well! I tend to "hog" my kids!
When the kids ride, Grandpa stands in the middle of the arena coaching them.
Joshua makes sure to be Grandpa's shadow the whole time.
The whole time!
 
We came home by late afternoon.  I took a long nap, made supper, and went for a run with Chad.  Tomorrow, I am off!  I am beyond thankful for one more day at home!
 
There is no place I love to be so much as home.
 
Praying God's Blessings on you this Easter.  May we all fully understand what it is to be unchained by Christ and take the time to dwell on that blessing in the midst of our  busy lives.  May we live and serve as His people who have been set free.  May we use our freedom for His glory.