"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, March 24, 2013

When Balancing Turns to Juggling

Last week was pivotal.

It was the first week in our entire marriage, that Chad did all the cooking and the majority of the parenting - while I worked.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around it.

He kept the home fires burning.

And I worked.

Chad was incredible.  He got kids picked up and home.  He made dinner.  He got Joshua and Brenna tucked into bed.

And I worked.

I showed up at Sierra's concert - but enlisted my parents to drive her home, so that I could go back to work.

I drove Jamison to a track meet - but then went back to work, since he was not running anyway.

I got my kids to school on time every morning. (pin a rose on my nose)

I was home in time for supper. . . once.

This spring will be like that, I'm afraid.  Between some major projects at work, 2 kids in track, one in PT, and the "regular" activities that comes with a family of seven - there will be no balancing.

We will just have to juggle.

Pray for us.  Because my juggling skills stink!