"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, April 8, 2013

Another Dietrich in Double Digits

My "baby" girl turned 10 on Saturday.
10!
 
Even my littlest girl is now "2 whole handfuls!"
 We started the morning at Butler Machine - the local Cat. dealer - eating free breakfast and climbing all over all the equipment.  (Bet she won't to do that too many more birthdays!)
 Chad LOVES equipment, so he was thrilled to have his littlest kids  exploring with him.
 
We left there and headed to Old Navy in search of a birthday outfit.
She tried on nearly everything in the store before finding exactly what she wanted.
 
Joshua was NOT happy about Brenna being the center of attention, so we drove him and his daddy home.  Then Brenna and I went back to town for some GIRL time.
 
First we went shoe shopping.
Then to lunch.
She wanted sushi!  So, we went to Kobe's.
 
After lunch we went to buy groceries, rent movies, and buy a latte from Krissy.
 
Then we met Daddy to buy her birthday gift.
(The clothes were needs.  I saved the shopping for her birthday though because she loves to shop.)
 
There were two things she asked for. . .
 
a kitten
 
and
 
a kindle fire.
 
I parked right between Best Buy and PetSmart, asking her which store she hoped we were going into.
She just grinned and giggled.
 
In the end we went into Best Buy.
I voted for a garage kitty.
But Daddy said, "I hate cats!  Plus by the time we pay for shots, getting it fixed, food, etc... a free cat is really expensive!"  And Brenna confessed that a Kindle was her first choice.
 
We headed home and she spent the rest of the evening uploading aps.
She said, "It was the best birthday ever!"
 
I agree.  I had so much fun hanging with her.
 
Sunday we had a party with all our local family.
It was the first big birthday party we have had at this house.
 
Brenna said, "Don't you think it is about time we have a REAL birthday party here?"
I decided she was right!
 
And it was fun.
 
Sorry, no photos.
I am turning into my Grandma Flach.
I took many photos, but forgot to put the memory card in my camera. . .
My sweet Grandma used to ALWAYS forget to put film in her camera.
I have said many times that I want to be my Grandma when I grow up, but the photo failures I could do without!