"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Momma's Heart is (Finally) Home

It was such a good weekend.
 
From my own perspective, it was good because I feel like me again.  Our house was pure, delightful chaos.  There were not 15 minutes that we did not have extra people around - lots of family, many of the kids' friends - and I loved it!  For real, LOVED it!  It energized me, rather than drained me.  It felt like a miracle.  It has been a LOOOOONG time since I have felt that way, and having ME feel like ME makes me soooo happy!
 

 Krissy's very thoughtful boyfriend smuggled me a few more photos.
 
Krissy says she will not go to another Prom, so I will savor these photos!
 
 
 This morning we had a fun family brunch - and then the salon work continued.
 My Auntie Patty is the "funnest" person I know.
And when she gets an idea, you just go with it!  So, when Auntie Patty wants to dye my 10 year old's hair blue - I just laugh and tell them to have fun!
 
They DID have fun!
 Only Auntie Patty could get away with this!
 
 Brenna is thrilled!
 She also cut and styled Jamison's hair.
 
And Jay tolerated it!
(at least until she left. . . My boys just do not do trendy!)
 Miss Sierra had friends here off and on all weekend working on a big school project.
 
Silly or not, a house full of 7th graders is an answer to prayer for this momma.  One of the things I have always wanted is for our house to be a house where our kids felt comfortable having their friends over.  When Chad talked me into moving into the country, I feared that would not happen.  I was concerned that kids would not appreciate the drive (or their parents would refuse it.)  I am so thankful that has not been the case!  I love having a house full of energetic, laughing, gabbing teenagers.  The last couple of weekends, there has been a steady stream of teenagers in and out of our home - which makes me SO happy! 
 SO HAPPY!
 
I am feeling like I am finally home.
 
I am (trying to be) done fighting this move.
 
I am sinking in.
 
Enjoying the features, rather than regretting the cost.
 
Savoring the space.
 
Getting cozy and falling in love with this big, comfy house.
 
To celebrate that, and ALL that we went through to build this house - I had this sign made.
It came Friday.
 
Perfectly timed, as I can finally hang it with peace and joy.
 
The artist had never made one like it before, but she was willing to make my vision a reality.
 
I love it, but better still, my kids love it.
 
They seem to feel honored by it - as they should!
This house would not be here without their hard work.
We all worked so hard, filling this HOME with love, dreams, and sweat equity from the very beginning. (sniff!)
 
I am so thankful that my heart is finally HOME.