"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, April 8, 2013

Wisdom from the Mouths of My Sons

Little man spends a whole lot of time being mad these days.

Think 3 year old tantrums in a 5 year old body. . .

Sigh.

When we picked Jamison up from track today, Joshua was MAD.

He had taken up the typical JGCD grumpy pose - thumb in his mouth, eye contact averted, tense shoulders.

My alway-patient tall son tried to distract and engage the grumpster in the back seat.

In return, Jamison got an ear full.

It went something like this, "NO!  I hate. . . .  and I hate. . . and I don't want to . . ."

To which Jamison responded, "It is amazing how many things we hate when we are filled with anger."

My tall son's quiet logic takes my breath away sometimes.  He is just so right on.  When we are angry we see things through the eyes of hate, frustration, negativity.  Those eyes do not see clearly, but in the moment our vision surely seems clear.

(Maybe it is like looking through a microscope.  We see clearly, but we do not see the whole picture?)

***Joshua had his own wisdom to share today.

Today it snowed.  For real.  It was a cold, stormy, windy, snowy day in APRIL.  YUCK!!  Anyway while driving across town, Joshua said to me, "I bet you wish you were in Ethiopia today.  Right Mom?"  I asked him why he thought that?  He responded, "It would be warm in Ethiopia!  I know you do not like snow, but you do like the warm!"  He was right on!