"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Boyfriend is Back!

 This family photo gallery is one of the projects that kept my heart happy during our dreamy April snow storm.  I had so much fun going through old photos, deciding which ones to hang and which ones to hide!  I joked with the kids that that since Dad says we will die in this house, these photos are going to be up forever!  I will add photos to the wall until the day I die.  When they clean out the house after my funeral they can joke about the snowy April weekend when mom started hanging things!
 
They laughed, mostly because they know that will never happen!  A few years from now I will have a new decorating idea and proceed to take down each photo, paint the wall, and try something new.
 
(Time will tell.  Part of me likes the first idea!  At least today!)
 This photo is one that I had to hunt for!  It is one of our engagement photos.
 
(And YES!  We were young!  Nineteen to be exact!)
 
It is so fun to let my mind drift back to dating days!  Chad was such a good boyfriend.  He totally doted on me, and I loved it.  I would find notes in all sorts of creative places - under windshield wipers, tucked into my purse, slipped into my locker.  I remember many movies, hours spent watching him work on his Buick (OK that was boring!), driving up and down Main St. dreaming about our life together, long walks, ice cream treats, etc... But my very favorite memory of being Chad's girlfriend was that he brought me (at least) one red rose every month.  On the 29th day of every month - the day we first started "going together" - Chad would bring me red roses.  He never missed one month until we were married.  This satisfied both my need tor romance and consistency.  How funny is that?!?  He is just so good for me!
 
 
I realized this weekend that my boyfriend is back!
 
In February, Chad sent me the sort of obligatory yet always beloved Valentine bouquet.
 
In March, I ordered him to order me flowers - which he did with great delight.
 
And when he placed that order, he told our florist and friend, Tammy, to make it a monthly order.  So last week I received the first of many monthly bouquets.
 
Sometimes going back to old traditions is just SO good.
 
I know they are totally frivolous, but fresh flowers make my heart happy.
And a happy wife is a really, really good thing!
 
I love havin' my boyfriend back.