"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Beautiful Discovery

 
You all know that I have had a very hard time adjusting to country living.
 
I have had two major gripes - the time spent driving (or sitting in my car waiting for my kids to get done with one activity or another) AND the lack of running trails.
 
During snowy or rainy weather, there is only one loop on which I can run.
It is BORING!
 
I have really missed all the different routes I could run when we were living in town.  So has Jamison!
  
Today, the trails were FINALLY dry enough that I could explore them a bit.
 
(I am not in good enough shape to explore them a lot. . . thanks to all the time I have spent sitting in my vehicle.  Sigh!  LOL!)
  
But, in terrible shape or not, it was a very fun run!
 
The trail was quiet, beautiful, and serene.
 
 
I have no idea what else I will find on this trail.
 
This spot may have been near the end, and the trail may also go on for many more miles.
It may circle back to the beginning, or it may come to a dead end.
It may become hilly, but I hope it stays flat!
 
I was so very excited to explore it.
I am equally excited to continue exploring it.
It will be fun to gain speed and endurance on this trail.
 
My summer fitness goal is to discover the end of this trail, with my feet - not the Rhino!
 
I am working hard at finding things I love about our new location.
I am so thankful for the surprise of this beautiful trail this evening.
It was a blessing I did not expect!