"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sierra - On Going

Last Sunday as a part of "Student Sunday,"  Sierra had the opportunity to share with our church just why she wants to be a part of the team heading to Ethiopia in May.

Her answer, although simple, has got me thinking.

When asked why she wants to go to Ethiopia, she responded, "I am not sure."

On one hand that seems like the easy way out.

However, really it is 100% true for our whole team.

14 people from our church will head to Ethiopia exactly one month from today.  And although we have many plans - build a fence, deliver sponsor gifts, play with the children, meet the leaders of Jemo, tour the area, gather data, establish relationships, worship at Jemo, try Ethiopia food and dance, feed the children, teach Bible lessons, hug and hug and hug little ones, experience a whole new world - we really do not have ANY IDEA how God will use us. 

We do not know what He will teach us.

We do not know how our lives will be changed through this trip.

We do not know how the lives of others will be changed through this trip.

Sierra completed her thought with this, "I guess I will figure it out while I am there.  All I know right now is that I have always wanted to GO and so I am!"

Sometimes simple and honest answers are the most profound.

I am so excited to be a part of this team.  I am so excited to discover why each one of us is going and just how we will be changed.

One month 'till Go Time!!!

I can not wait to GO!