"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, May 26, 2013

An Update on "Regular" Life

Though all I have blogged about of late is Ethiopia, life at home has not come to a standstill!

We arrived home from Ethiopia on Saturday, May 18 at about 2 am.  We slept from 5 am until 7 am, when a very happy little Joshua woke us up!  We spent the morning at home, and loaded up my Pilot after lunch to head to the WDA trackmeet!  I was so thrilled to see Jay run.  He was the only Freshman distance runner on his team that was allowed to run that day, so it was quite an honor.

He ran the 2 mile - the 2nd to last race of the day.


He finished 13th, cutting down his personal best time by more than 10 seconds.
 
It was a very exciting track season.  Jamison bettered his time in each event he ran at every single meet.  He ended the season hungry!  In fact his first FB status after the last race was "I can't wait for summer training."  He has certainly caught the running bug!
 
On Sunday, we headed to church and spent the afternoon resting and getting settled at home.
 
Monday we went to work and then attended Sierra's final choir concert of the year.
 
Tuesday evening, after work, we went to the track banquet.  Jamison learned that night that he lettered in track, which was a really fantastic way to end the season.
 
Wednesday evening we did not have activities to go to, so I took the kids and bought groceries after school.  It was obvious that I had not done that in weeks!  I was thankful for Jay's muscles unloading.
 

Thursday was Joshua's preschool program.
 
The kids did a super cute job singing and saying their parts - and I made it through with NO tears!
Bonus!
 
Friday was THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!  I have to tell you I was high-fiving myself all day because I made it!  This was the craziest momma school year ever!  I had 5 kids in four different schools.  All the kids had various activities.  I was working 2 jobs.  There was NO busing available.  It was NUTS!  But, I made it!  It is OVER!  Next year will be simpler.  Some kids will be able to be bussed.  Krissy and Jay will drive.  Joshua will go all day at Montessori.  I will have much less driving responsibility!  I will also miss my kids!  We have some really great conversations while in the car.  I am thankful for those moments!  I have savored them - but the less driving transition is also a relief!
 
Friday evening we took our amazing friends, Tom and Sharlene, out for supper.  Tom and Sharlene bunked at our house while we were in Ethiopia.  The kids had an amazing time - and I came home to pleasant, rested, well-adjusted kids.  Another Bonus!  We are so blessed to have friends and family (Thanks Dad and Angie!!) who love our kids well while we are away!
 
In between all this crazy, I slept and slept and slept!  Chad thought I may never feel rested again!  I was asleep at the same time as Joshua most nights.  Saturday morning when I slept past 9:30, I think he was ready to ship me out!  All day Saturday as I cleaned and worked on mountains of laundry, I felt exhausted.  You know how after you have the flu walking up the stairs makes you sweat?  That was me all week! I was asleep by 10 again last night.
 
However, I woke up this morning before my alarm!  I felt like I had enough energy to make it through the day.  I have not napped yet, and I even walked a mile with Brenna!  I think I might have finally kicked the jet lag after all!
 
More on the trip tomorrow!  It may have made me really tired, but it was worth every bit of exhaustion!  It was the best week I have had in a very long time!