"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, March 8, 2015

It was a Hot Dog Roasting, Trampoline Jumping Kind of a Day! (In March!!)

 Mataya experienced her first fire-roasted hot dog today!

In March!!!  The snow is nearly gone; and the temperature was warm (50*), so daddy decided it was time for a bonfire!  

 Good plan, Daddy!

It was a rare evening in which all our kids were home and no one else was over.  It is so rare for it to just be "us."
 Mataya thought she was BIG stuff eating outside with all the big kids!
 And THEN...
we took her on the trampoline!
 Oh. My. Goodness!  She had so much fun.


 If she lets me sleep, I will be dreaming of her baby giggles tonight!

I get it!
I LOVE the tramp.  I never laugh as hard as I do when I am on the trampoline with the kids.  Jamison loves to sneak and double bounce me way into the air.  I scream and giggle like a 5 year old.  Seriously.  I love the tramp!


I am so thankful for the fun end to this weekend.

Simple fun and fresh air was exactly what I needed.  I have been one grouchy momma.  Chad has not been feeling well.  Mataya has not been sleeping. Even after a vacation, the daily grind and hectic to-do list has felt overwhelming.  I am weary, and I am weary of being weary.    Though fresh air and deep, belly laughter did not solve any of the problems that I am wrestling with at a soul level, the break was welcome and so very healing.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens... a time to weep and a time to laugh a time to mourn and a time to dance..." Ecclesiastes 3:1,4