"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Sunset Lesson: Beauty is in the Waiting

 One evening we were getting ready for a fancy dinner with business associates when I walked onto the patio and saw the sun was setting.  I grabbed my camera and ran (literally) barefoot down four floors of stairs and out onto the beach.

The beach is filled with people all day long, but during this series of photos it was empty.

Magical.

Wondrously beautiful.

It was a moment in which time stood still, and I breathlessly observed the work of the creator.

As I watched, I was sure that each frame I shot would be the most beautiful.
And He kept surprising me.

It was as if He kept whispering, "Wait for it!  Wait for it!  The best can not be rushed.  Be still and watch all I have to show you."

Though these pictures can never reach your soul the way He met mine as I sat alone on the beach with my camera and my God, I hope in them you feel just a bit of the awe and hope that I felt taking them.  

It was as if His glory was enveloping me, drawing me into Him bit by bit by bit.











He restores my soul.