"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This Precious Package is ONE Today!


 This is the "really mom" look!

A tiny bit fuzzy - but THAT is my smiley, always moving baby!

At one Mataya Hope loves:
to talk!  Her words include - mama, daddy, Jaaay, Nenna (Brenna), Josha (Joshua), Ra Ra (Sierra), Riley (our dog), pup pup, papi (Pacifier), more, done, tickle, eyes, no-no, buh-bye, hi, uh-oh, baby, mol (Molly, Krissy's dog), ni-ni (good night), bath, wow, more, please...  She is a mocking bird and tries to repeat anything she can in herrprecious little baby voice.  It is SO fun!

to eat!  Berries are her favorite.  She also likes yogurt and all fruits, along with most veggies.  She is not big on carbs like cereal, crackers, etc...  She likes eggs, pancakes, pasta, and potatoes.  Her favorite on the go snacks are craisins and yogurt drops.

the steps!  Climbing up the steps to check on the big kids brings her great joy.  She has started hanging on the gate and yelling for "Ra Ra."  

songs!  Especially this silly teen hit called WOP!  She begs and begs Sierra to play WOP on her phone and dance with her.  She even sings along with the chorus.  It is beyond cute.

daddy!  Mataya loves each of us, but her relationship with her daddy is unlike any of our kids had at her age.  She gets so excited when he is near.  She dives into his arms anytime he walks by her side. She cries when he leaves for work.  The way she says "Daddy!" melts us all - but especially her daddy!

books!  Reading is a favorite.

copying mommy.  She does everything I do.  She is great at switching loads of laundry and scrubbing floors.  She races to "help" when she hears the vacuum.

Riley.  I do not know why, but she begs to visit that stinky animal in the garage. (;

She does not like:

diaper changes, getting dressed or anything else that forces her to be still.

milk in a cup.  Water and diluted juice is good in a cup.  Milk is NOT!

having her face washed or nose wiped.

The night of Mataya's birthday ALL of her siblings were home for dinner!

It was so fun to see all my kids together.

Mataya agreed!

 She smiled and giggled while we sang Happy Birthday to her!
 After we blew out the candle, everyone started clapping and cheering.  Poor baby girl got so startled that she cried!
 Thankfully, she realized there was something new and yummy to explore on her tray and quickly settled in to eat!

 Yep - that is ice cream she is holding like a snowball.
BRRRR!  But yummy!

 I love this shot.
The cake was a hit!

She either ate or demolished every bit.  It was a MESS, and we all loved every minute of it!

Mataya Hope-y Girl, 

We did well this year, you and I.  God allowed us to be home together, savoring each moment.  I am so thankful.  It was a blessing unlike any other - precious and pure. 

I confess that I have dreaded you turning one.  Your baby days were so very precious to me.  I truly could not have enjoyed them more.  Over the years I have learned just how quickly time passes, which made me extra careful to appreciate each moment with you.  

You have grown so much this year.  You have accomplished much.  Being a baby is hard work, and you have learned and grown with such sweetness and grace.  You are such a joyful little one, full of smiles, powerful smiles, ones that have the power to break down even the toughest of exteriors.  Daily people tell me how your bright beautiful eyes and sweet "HI!" brighten their day.  You crawl with gusto.  Explore like a secret agent in enemy territory.  Exert your independence, when necessary, with delightful sassitude.

And although I will miss all that came with your days of infancy, today I celebrate you.  Truly.  I feel incredible joy and excitement as I think about all we will experience during this year of ONE.  Where I expected to be sad, God turned my heart toward joy and delightful anticipation.  He is so GOOD, my precious one.  So very good.

Walking, swimming, boating, and a full-nights sleep all loom near.  One will be wonderful and exciting and full of new adventures.  

I can't wait!

Love you always, baby girl!

ALWAYS!
Momma

Thank you Jesus for this precious gift.