"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Aaaaaah, Lake Time

All right momma friends - although summer is the best.,it is a HUGE adjustment.  Amen?!?  I ADORE having a less crazy schedule, lots of daylight, and kids home all the time.  Truly!  But - adjusting to constant activity and constant chatter, it a challenge!  My brain works harder in the summer, even though my schedule is more relaxed, and adjusting to the new kind of crazy is always a bit exhausting.

So when Chad decided that the forecast Thursday and Friday were perfect for camping, I was THRILLED.  I very happily finished my work for the week, and then packed up the camper and the kids so that we could head to my happy place.

We spent half of Thursday and all day Friday enjoying sunshine and lovely lake weather.  We spent time boating, jet skiing, tubing, surfing, watching movies, eating, running, and napping. It was so, so, so good.  



 Sierra and Joshua both tried surfing.  They were not overly successful - BUT Sierra feels that her shoulder is strong enough to keep trying.  Praise Jesus.  She is healing, it might be happening slowly, but she is healing!




 I am not sure what Mataya loves most - water or her sisters?!?



 Though the air temp was nearly 90*, the water still felt freezing to me - but these four crazies swam anyway.  Mataya actually likes cold water, the rest of them were just bravehearts!

 She LOVES boating.

 Chad let Sierra drive his new boat.  She was so thrilled.
How cute is she?

Because the weekend forecast was for high winds, we packed up everything Friday night.  We slept late Saturday morning, watched a couple of movies, ate breakfast, and then headed home.  Though it was brief, some lake time was so refreshing.  At the lake I rest.  I nap.  I don't worry about laundry and vacuuming, I play.  I watch movies and eat too much popcorn.  I laugh.  I might even dance spontaneously.  Somehow, I need to learn how to turn on "lake mode" once in a while at home.  It is good for me and for my family.  

I tend to be all business - but thankfully, I married a man who makes FUN a priority.  Oh, he is sooooo good for me!

Praying that you, my precious friends, choose rest and fun - even if only for a few moments - today.