"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, November 6, 2017

Thirty Days of Thanks - 3 & 4

Because I can be grateful without being legalistic and chained to a computer (insert smile here), I am lumping a few days together.

This weekend was both quiet and crazy.  It was quiet in that I was home without a busy agenda.  It was noisy because our home was full often.  Teenagers and young adults flowed in and out constantly.  Laughter and conversations rang throughout my kitchen.  There was time enough for goofy movies and nerf gun fights AND also deep, heart to heart conveersations.  There is no greater gift than TIME and this weekend my time was well spent, even though there is nothing measurable to show for it.

Though I do not have photos of the groups of teenagers that filled my kitchen several times over, I did sneak these early morning snapshots of my littlest two snuggled up enjoying a silly movie with mom long before the teens woke for the day. It is hard for me to be still.  I tend toward busy.  However these predawn snuggles fill my soul.  They remind me that slow and simple is as rich as life gets.



In these days, I am remembering that presence is the best present.  Listening, feeding, hugging . . . just being STILL, was my most important accomplishment this week.  I am forever thankful for each person who "infiltrated" my home.  Some were strangers, some long-time friends - but ALL grew me in one way or another.